Journal of Big Data welcomes submissions to the new article collection on 'Advanced Soft Computing Methodologies and Applications in Social Media Big Data Analytics'
The emerging fields of social media and big data are rapidly growing and diversifying, with the developments of Web 2.0 and Science 2.0 becoming critical network infrastructures and knowledge platforms for all participating entities (man, machine, group, and even brain-like computers) in the ‘global village’ for exchanging, sharing, contributing a great amount of data, information and knowledge. Nevertheless, the issues with social media networks’ security and trustworthiness have also become increasingly serious and need to be addressed urgently. In the social media-big data era, advanced soft computing methodologies have become essential for processing data, mining rules and establishing knowledge. How to employ these state-of-the-art soft-computing techniques, methodologies and applications enabling big data is a key question for today’s researchers.
This thematic collection attempts to collect high-quality survey papers and original research articles related to the above topic, and bring together social network and media, big data-oriented academic researchers, engineers and administrators utilizing state-of-the-art technologies and ideas to adopt soft computing in the big data era, with in-depth user behavior analytics as well as resolutions of the security and trust issues. The special issue encourages applicable, validated techniques and analytics in real-world social media networks, and not focused on purely conceptual models, frameworks and building block descriptions.
Potential topics include, but are not limited to:
- Advanced soft computing methodologies and applications for media and big data analytics
- Traditional soft computing techniques for big data mining of social media
- Soft computing for social media networks dynamics analytics
- Soft computing for user behaviour analytics, in both online social network scenarios and the big data era
- Soft computing performance metrics and benchmarks studies on media and big data analytics and mining
- Soft computing-employed security and trust management and assessment, as well as social factor considerations in a social media ecosystem
- Social media prototypes and empirical studies, together with soft computing applications
Lead Guest Editor
- Zhiyong Zhang, Distinguished Professor, Henan University of Science & Technology, China
- Kun Hua, Lawrence Technology University, USA
- Arun Kumar Sangaiah, VIT University, India
Papers submitted to this special issue for possible publication must be original and must not be under consideration for publication in any other journal or conference. If the submission is an extended version of a previously published workshop or conference paper, this should also be explicitly mentioned in the cover letter, the published paper must be cited in the submitted journal paper, and the submitted journal paper must technically extend the conference version, by 30% according to general rules; i.e., the technical contribution in the journal version must be extended beyond what was presented in the conference version.
Authors must follow the formatting and submission instructions of Journal of Big Data at https://journalofbigdata.springeropen.com/submission-guidelines and follow the "Submit Online" link on that page. Please make sure you select the thematic series title when you submit online, and mention in your cover letter that you are submitting to this thematic series.
All submitted papers will be peer reviewed by at least three reviewers according to the usual standards of this journal and will be evaluated on the basis of originality, quality and relevance to this thematic series and the journal, and on the basis of clarity and correct usage of English.
Paper submission: June 1, 2017
1st round review notification: September 1, 2017
1st revision due: October 1, 2017
2nd round review notification: November 1, 2017
2nd revision due: December 1, 2017
Final acceptance: December 31, 2017
Publication (Tentative): The first quarter of 2018