Open Article Collection: 'Big Data and Smart Computing'
The Journal of Big Data welcomes submissions to the new article collection on 'Big Data and Smart Computing'
In recent years, big data and smart computing have drawn much attention and interest in many disciplines including computer science, information technology, and social sciences. The challenges include capture, curation, storage, search, sharing, transfer, analysis and visualization. The trend to larger data sets is due to the additional information derivable from analysis of a single large set of related data, as compared to separate smaller sets with the same total amount of data, allowing correlations to be found to spot business trends, prevent diseases, combat crime and so on.
Scientists regularly encounter limitations due to large data sets in many areas, including meteorology, genomics, connectomics, complex physics simulations, and biological and environmental research.
Potential topics include, but are not limited to:
- Techniques and models for network science and big data
- Algorithms and systems for network science and big data
- Databases and data mining for network science and big data
- Graph mining and opinion mining
- Bioinformatics data management
- Infrastructure and platform for smart computing
- Mobile smartphone applications
- Big data analytics and social media
- Parallel and distributed computing for network science and big data
- Cloud and grid computing
- Smart devices and hardware
- Smart location-based services
Lead Guest Editor
Wookey Lee, INHA University, Korea
Cyrus Shahabi, University of Southern California, USA
Submissions will also benefit from the usual advantages of open access publication:
- Rapid publication: Online submission, electronic peer review and production make the process of publishing your article simple and efficient
- High visibility and international readership in your field: Open access publication ensures high visibility and maximum exposure for your work - anyone with online access can read your article
- No space constraints: Publishing online means unlimited space for figures, extensive data and video footage
- Authors retain copyright, licensing the article under a Creative Commons license: articles can be freely redistributed and reused as long as the article is correctly attributed
For editorial enquiries please contact email@example.com.
Sign up for article alerts to keep updated on articles published in the Journal of Big Data - including articles published in this collection!